Friday, October 17, 2008

Little Red Riding Hood


My favorite halloween costume from childhood, hands down, has to be 
Little Red Riding Hood.
It was either first or second grade, and I even won some kind of class award for best costume...

Something about it all-the imagery, the archetypes- still fascinates and lures me...

I could intellectually explore this, perhaps by writing an essay utilizing feminist theory, or jungian psychology ..but I'd rather just keep Little Red in that safe, warm, cozy space in my Imagination where Magic and Mystery revel.  

And for this coming Halloween, 20 years since I wore that winning cape, I will don a red hood once again. 

Everything in my life right now is coming full circle. 
Even a costume from childhood.
Even childhood. 



1 comment:

Nick T said...

Are you going to add a little bit of your own creative interpretation or are you going to do a more traditional little red riding hood costume?