Saturday, November 1, 2008

Arrival

I made it to Honolulu.
It is all so surreal, and a good nights rest will hopefully be the key to me finding the present moment...

Points of Interest Thus Far:
1) Never have I been on a flight where collectively everyone was pretty much in a good mood. The anticipation and excitement of 'hawaii' reverberated throughout the flight...
2) I talked with an older gentleman during the shuttle ride from airport to hostel about God. He was telling me about Jesus and the Bible but not in an aggressive way that triggered my defenses, but in such a way I could listen with interest and understanding. I felt able to translate his ideas into my own perspective and beliefs, and feel somehow connected to him though I know he might not be able to relate to my take on God and my spirituality...
3) Also on this ride, I saw 3 rainbows! 

Now I will put on my swim suit and head down to the beach even though its already dark out, i have to touch the water, even if its only a quick swim! 

Swimming in tropical waters? A MUST!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whew. glad you made it.

so jealous... i'm made for that weather you know.

enjoy the sun jen.